Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Piano - Can be ignored. Just too long. Ha



My mum suddenly asked me want to learn singing or not, as she knows that I am so into music. I used to struggle so much just for learning the piano. From this, I learned that you have to fight for what you want, instead of begging people or behaving pity.

I was someone who didn't sing or listen music when was young to someone who is so passionate to music.
I was inspired by my friend, Asnut Joshua, when the day he performed on Han Chiang Stage.

I asked for a guitar from my dad, not that bad, he threw me an almost-same-age-with-me guitar and credited to him, I almost gave up learning the guitar.
Then I asked for a new guitar, I got it after one year, bought it with my one year saving. Again, a promise never promised.


[The+Piano.jpg]

The Piano



Then I am so keen to learn the piano. I asked, and rejected. Perhaps asking a guitar or piano is a big burden to him, that was what he said. You may say I am immature and not understand, whatever...

Struggled for so long, I almost went mad as I knew I didn't have much time for me to learn. If I say a working adult can hardly achieve much in music and you disagree, convince me with example !

How to save RM4,000 ( Didn't know a second piano costs only RM2,500) within a year as a full-time student?

I used to reformat my pc by myself and I thought of that idea, giving computer service with my so little and noobie skill. I asked my friend Ewe Shen design a flyer for me, photostated and distributed household near my apartment. Here the problems came, unable to repair the pc, limited knowledge and can't solve customers problem, really stressed me up. So I went to learn pc repair from my cousin's friend. Working there paid me RM2 per hour!! That was the only way for me to improve my servicing skill.

After two months of learning, working and giving pc service outside the shop, I messed up my studies and that was shocking to me while certificate standard was low and I still messed it up. Kinda disappointed, in the end I gave up doing this business.

It was because, Rm2 per hour and RM25 per service. I would need to service more than 150 units before I can buy a piano, that would be my end of diploma. Liquidized my personal business, leaving the company and left with great disappointment.




[DSC_0321.JPG]

PC Servicing




After two months of struggling, I was able to sell:
1) An unit of PC system which cost RM3,000
2) About 20 units of Kingston limited edition pen drive
3) About 20 services
4) Other accessories and equipments such as cable, RAM, drives, hard-disk

Even I didn't earn much from the business, but what I gained was experience.

Thinking back how I struggle for a piano,
how I started my so-called small business,
how I answered my first customer phone call when I was taking nap and shouted loudly "XIN SERVICE CENTRE, How may I help you !?", it was tough but also a part of my golden memory.

At least I tried something others usually don't do, right?


I don't know why, recalling this memory does motivate me, it reminds me that nothing is impossible right now. When I first started writing this post, I was quite low and pessimistic but the memory really does some boosting !

Finally I got my piano with school loan, that really against my financial principle but it worth for me to do it .

Lastly, I earned myself :
1) a distinction grade 5 theory qualification
2) a working opportunity of teaching piano
3) a small part of life experience
4) an coming grade 5 practical qualification ( April 2010 )

Maybe grade 5 would be my highest music qualification in my life, at least I tried my best and I achieved something that I wanted for so long.


At least I don't die with regrets...







P/S : I am not picking up the singing course anymore. Losing interest in music as I want to invest more into myself which benefits me in my career next time. (One of the reasons which made me so stressful last time, expected incident)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Attention Please

There are some errors regarding the "Older Post" button and I couldn't fix it now. If you like to read my older post,

Option 1) Please click it from Blog Archive.
Option 2) Click any post title, then the "Older post" button will appear.
Sorry for inconveniences :)